Department of Education CARES Report
While the Department of Education develops a process for institutions to directly provide the required reporting data, it has in the meantime called for institutions to make easily accessible to the public – via the institution’s website – the following items.
• An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned the certification and agreement form and that the institution has used/or intends to use the funds to provide the mandated amount of at least 50% of the emergency financial aid grants to students.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. acknowledges that we signed and returned our certification on June 1, 2020 and we will award at least 50% of our CARES funding in the form of emergency financial aid grants directly to students.
• The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received under the HEERF Student portion.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. received $36,530 for emergency aid grants for students.
• Of those funds, the total amount that has been distributed to students as of the date of reporting (i.e. the first 30-day deadline and then every 45 days thereafter).
As of June 10, 2020, $36,532.15 has been distributed to students.
As of July 10, 2020 all CARES Act funds have been disbursed to students.
• The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and therefore eligible to receive an emergency financial aid grant.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. has 34 students eligible to receive Title IV aid.
• The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant.
As of June 10, 2020, 31 students have been awarded CARES emergency financial aid grant.
As of July 10, 2020, 31 students have been received CARES emergency financial aid grant.
• How the institution determined which students did or will receive emergency financial aid grants and how much funding they did or will receive.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. used an application to determine which students will receive emergency financial aid grants. Each eligible student received a base amount of $400 and for each of the below categories checked, the student was awarded $171.15.
• I am financially responsible for my food expenses
• I am financially responsible for my housing expenses
• I am financially responsible for expenses related to my course materials to attend school
• I am financially responsible for paying for technologies associated with attending online classes
• I am financially responsible for my own health care costs
• I have children and am financially responsible for childcare expenses
• Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the emergency financial aid grants.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. emailed students the CARES Act application along with the information on how to apply for the CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants for students. The institution also mailed the application to out of town students and for students on campus, FIU placed the application in the students’ mailbox.
Emergency CARES Grant Process:
1. Students seeking CARES Act Student Relief Funding must meet the following requirements:
2. Enrolled full-time in Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography program since March 15, 2020.
3. Be eligible for Title IV financial aid, including but not limited to:
a. U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen.
b. Valid Social Security Number.
c. Registration with Selective Service (males); and,
d. High school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting.
4. Complete this application.
5. Be available and respond to any questions from FIU.
6. Return the completed letter by Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
Florida Institute of Ultrasound, Inc. reopened the campus and welcomed staff, faculty and students. FIU is currently accepting applications. Please visit https://fiupensacola.edu/admission-requirements/ for admissions information or call the school at (850) 478-7611, ext. 10. Application packets will be reviewed for acceptance as they are received. If you have questions regarding admissions, financial aid or general questions. please visit our website (https://fiupensacola.edu/) and complete the “Contact Us” form with a brief description, email us at email@example.com or call the school.